Monday, January 12, 2009

just read a wonderful book -


French Milk by Lucy Knisley.
It is sooooo good, finished it today in one sitting! It is a travel journal in graphic novel form, kind of - the drawings, sketchings, are intermingled with musings, mouth-watering descriptions of their adventures in food, and photos.
It is a wonderful journal about staying in Paris, and all the things you can see and do, and eat! And you really get a feel for the place. I'm lucky enough to say that I've been to Paris many times - it could be my favorite place in the world - mostly in my 20's and often travelling with my mother, so I can totally relate to this book, but even if I hadn't I would love this book.
As a little trivia, the author comes from this area of the world, nearby in Rhinebeck, NY, although she is now living in Chicago - what a small world this is!
I have to thank Inside a Black Apple for clueing me in to this book in the first place, one of the many reasons to read her lovely blog!
Now I am left with the dilemma of what to read next........ahhh!

No comments: