Friday, April 3, 2009

what I made today -

I made another sweater tote today, in the most beautiful, super soft, navy wool. It was originally a man's sweater, that I felted and then cut and sewed into shape, then added the felt applique. My favorite flower is the purple coneflower, as I may have mentioned before ;) , so that was my inspiration. It makes a great bag, it's soft and strong, good for carrying knitting projects, or even laptops, or even dolls, which is my daughter's preference! It's available in my Etsy shop, here.
They are also fun to make, creating is also really soothing and calming with a sense of achievement at the end, a good thing!
Today, I'm going to mail out my completed hankie to my swap partner, that was also fun to make, a nice peaceful bit of hand sewing, as it had a rolled hem. These are a great, and pretty, way to make something that can be reused, unlike a regular tissue that you throw out. Become a little more green and make some for your own home, the tutorial is here courtesy of the Purl Soho blog.
Happy Friday!

3 comments:

storybeader said...

it's great looking! ooohhh!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

It looks fantastic :)

Julie said...

I loved scrolling back to see all of the wool totes you've made recently. Good job.