Sunday, August 29, 2010

DQS9 finished and sent!

All folded up and ready to go, along with the goodies I made to go along with the doll quilt. I decided on making a cute needle case with hexies, and a pincushion, who doesn't need these things right! It was such a relief to be sending it out, fun to make but now the pressure is off and I just get the enjoyment of waiting to receive mine, from goodness-know where, sooooo exciting!



This is the front of the doll quilt all finished. It is a modified double wedding ring, pieced and then appliqued, after which I decorated with three rows of hand stitching around the whole shape, I really love this part. Then finished by quilting in the ditch, and adding a polka dot binding. The idea for the quilt came from my partners inspiration mosaic and flickr favorites, and a preference for fabric, brights with white.


My partner also expressed a weakness for hexagons, so I added a strip of them to the back of the quilt, again with the hand stitching. I love the way this quilt came out, it was my first time making this kind of small quilt, and my first time joining the wonderful Doll Quilt Swap #9, an awesome group indeed! I guess my only regret is not being brave enough to quilt the white parts of the quilt, I think it would have been better for it, but I'm not confident at all about quilting ( I guess I should practice ) and I didn't want to mess it up at that stage, I hope my partner loves it anyway, much work and love was put into it! ♥

Have a wonderful weekend! ♥

No comments: