Sunday, March 14, 2010

Improv bee blocks

So, yesterday I made my first quilt blocks for a virtual bee - the Bee Stitched bee - and they were requested to be improv blocks, designed by us. At first this was quite daunting, no guidelines at all, except the size and scope of the fabric pieces Sarah had sent. I have to say it was great fun, and I will definitely be doing more!

Also, while making these blocks I have come to really love this fabric line by Erin Michaels, it's called Lush and is lovely. The colors are really nice, but I love the details of the 'paint by numbers' style, and I have to get me some woodgrain fabric too! Love! ♥


Have a wonderful weekend! ♥


4 comments:

Three Dancing Magpies said...

The blocks look wonderful!

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

these are so beautiful! and that fabric is amazing! If I ever get my sewing machine out and dusted off...well, wishful thinking!

Pat said...

I really like those blocks and fabrics.

brandeye said...

they are gorgeous. i really love that paint by number fabric!! i need to find some.