Friday, November 7, 2008

what I've been working on -














I have a new creation - keyrings! I really like how they came out, I originally had something different in mind, I was going to use fussy-cut fabric images on the top, but as I started it seemed so natural to do the felt applique instead. It's more in keeping with my style too, I think.
I think my favorite is the oak tree, and the inspiration for it came from an unlikely source - Noggin. If you have small children you'll know what I'm talking about, if not, it's a cable channel just for kids (a favorite of mine, not only because of the cute gentle programs, but also because it's commercial free! A big plus with little ones, and their impressionable minds), and one of the shows, Oswald to be precise, has these cute stylised trees which I have admired for a while. If you're a non-crafty person, that last comment has probably left you wondering, "is she mad?", but as the crafty ones know, we find inspiration everywhere, even cartoons! Right?


3 comments:

The Stewart Stuff said...

They are adorable! I hope you sell them all!
-10oneworld

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Those are fantastic! And I hear you on finding inspiration in the weirdest places :P

Shell Mitchell said...

love these!